Sicily offers an infinite number of attractions of any kind, our suggestions are based on the position of our structures
Capo d’Orlando / Gioiosa Marea
15 minutes away from each other, these 2 countries are a starting point for various excursions by car or boat, here are the ones we believe you can’t miss:
- Aeolian Islands, all beautiful and each with its particularities, the ideal would be to turn them all but we realize that it is not so simple therefore from Capo d’Orlando we recommend:
VULCANO (45 minutes from Capo d’Orlando) – LIPARI (1h from Capo d’Orlando) – SALINA (1.30h from Capo d’Orlando), the possibility of doing Stromboli by night (2.30h from Capo d’Orlando )
- Cefalù (45 minutes from Capo d’Orlando), a characteristic Arab / Norman city, considered one of the most beautiful towns in Italy.
- Tindari & Laghetti di Marinello (35 minutes from Capo d’Orlando), the Marinello lakes are part of the Marinello Lakes Oriented Nature Reserve and are located in the shade of the Tindari promontory, at the top of which you can find one of the main attractions of the area: Sanctuary of the brown Madonna
- Capo Milazzo, the cape with which the Gulf of Milazzo ends in the west and the Gulf of Patti begins, here in addition to a breathtaking view, you will find a beautiful natural pool that fills up at high tide after a splendid 20-minute walk. known as the Piscina di Venere
- Parco dei Nebrodi, for lovers of excursions on foot or on horseback, it will be a must, visit the largest protected area of Sicily, more than 200,000 hectares of land between woods, splendid plains, lakes and much more.
- Other places to visit though a little more distant: TAORMINA (140km from Capo d’Orlando) – ETNA (150km from Capo d’Orlando)
Taormina / Acireale / Zafferana Etnea,
not far from each other except Zafferana Etnea which from the name you can imagine being at the foot of the volcano, these are also a splendid starting point for numerous excursions:
- Mount Etna: (45km from Taormina or Acireale / 10 km from Zafferana Etnea) the largest active volcano in Europe, one of the highest in the world, certainly one of the major attractions of Sicily, it will be possible to reach the summit by cable car or on foot and after walking or hiking in the car on its top.
- Catania: (20km from Acireale and 50km from Taormina), its historic center is a World Heritage Site, full of architectural wonders, liveliness and exceptional food
- Syracuse: (85km from Acireale, 120km from Taormina), a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2005, a magical place where the Greek, Roman and Baroque styles come together in an irresistible setting that tells millennia of history.
- Noto & Vendicari Reserve: arrived in Syracuse, it is definitely worth doing 20km more and visit these 2 wonderful attractions: Noto, one of the pearls of the Italian baroque, Reserve of Vendicari, an oasis of peace and tranquility
As said in the beginning, Sicily is full of beauties and attractions at an angle, these are just a few in our opinion more easily accessible and not to be missed.
To brighten your stay, always based on your NEEDS, we will be happy to advise you on nature and cultural excursions (by boat or on foot) that will help you make your stay UNFORGETTABLE